lunes, 7 de julio de 2008

Vikius in France (Chapter III)

03/July/08
Another day is passing by. Today, I woke up at 07:20. I put my clothes on and rushed through the corridor and down the stairs. I had to be in the kitchen at 07:30. Today, it has been tireing. Instead of going down to the beach to sail and board (which was what I was hired for), I went to the kitchen, cause my boss decided I was gonna do so, last night. To be honest, I was quite relieved, and at some point I am still – and I would better try and hold on to this idea. Today, it has been pissing down, raining cats and dogs. That’s why I glad myself of having been in the kitchen. The thing is that I woke up at 07:30 more or less and I just finished, it’s 21:34…so, to be accurate, take out 15 minutes. I know some of you can be thinking…well, it’s not that much, I’ve been working long hours too, but I am not used to it, and I feel they’re taking advantage of me. Plus, being a foreigner doesn’t help. Sometimes you can feel how people are joking about you without even taking into account that if you do not quite understand it, you may feel bad or intimidated. Sometimes you can listen to their voices and notice how they speak faster every now and then. I don’t think they even imagine that we, foreigners, may be actually thinking they’re speaking fast so we do not understand. Other times you can feel how they think you’re stupid cause you need repeating. Well that’s not my problem!!! If you were a bit considered, or at least a bit smart (cause you want to be understood and you surely do not want to repeat) YOU WOULD SPEAK WITH YOUR MOUTH OPEN!!! You’d pronounce every single word, and you’d speak slowly. But, it seems to me you can’t. Because, in reality, loads of people like feeling superior. Loads of people like getting angry and feeling frustrated because they’ve got an inept, a useless person in charge. Of course, when the job is over, those people also like to chat with mates, ey? Oooh, she’s so dum, he’s so useless, he’s so slow, she’s whatever…I repeated minimum five times…Leave her alone you dum ass. He’s soooo stupid. I can’t understand why he’s so mean to her. The worse thing is that he thinks he’s funny. Ok. Let’s see…

He is the chef of the kitchen of camp. He gets angry with kids when called cook instead of chef. His name, we don’t need it. He’s young, very young in fact (why does he act as if he were super experienced?). He’s…not a very good coordinator. He takes advantage of Kathy. He also thinks: I’m the mannnnnn in the kitchen, I’m the cook!! No, no, no, I’m the chefffffff!!!

Kathy is sweet, nice and an angel. She is Chineese and has been in France studying for a year now in an exchange program. She came to camp to fill up her summer. She couldn’t get another job cause she doesn’t know how to teach any sports. Fine. She is too good to people. She is gonna get hurt. Being good to people doesn’t mean you’re gonna get hurt, that depends on your attitude and character. The problem comes when she runs into a mean person, a selfish one, someone with no scrubs. Him.
He shouts at her, makes her feel useless. Whinges about how many times does he have to repeat, etc. And she…she puts on a big smile and says: “just two please” JUST TWO PLEASE???? Wow, blimey, I didn’t know people could get angry with that. I’m gonna kick his ass one of these days. He’s not my boss, I can do that if I want to.
After the horrible encounter I had with my boss, everything seems to have pretty much gone back to normal again. Although I can’t stand his jokes…I don’t even get them!! He is not funny… he thinks his damn funny. I don’t understand why his wife doesn’t tell him to shut up.
So, he comes up to me, makes one of his jokes, and since I don’t laugh…he comes and does weird things trying to feel my temperature. Oh! Oh! And then, he comes up to me, looking right to my eyes and fakes his going to smack me in the face, and since I hut my eyes, he then says I'm scard of him...which I'm surely not.
Ok. I don't know if I'm writing properly anymore because haven't got that much time to revise my writings and since hven't got internet I can't use a ddictinary. So, sorry. FEEL FREE TO CORRECT Y MISTAKES, PLEaSE.
Anyway, I am gonna try to copile the last week. I'm on my day off today!!! YEYYYYY!!! And the best thng is that I got my day off with Aileen, who's an Australian girl who lives in Europe at the moment. We did our laundry, we went to the supermarket t buy crap and junk food, and now we're watching moovies and eating junk!!! And that's ur plan for today, our special day, since it's very very windy and cold, overcast and cold...
Anyway, I'm in a better mood now than yesterday morning and the day before. Have had very rough days working very hard and stuff. Yesterday, I spent it, at last, working at the lake. The bad thing was that it was freezing old and pelting down in the morning. During the morning...I swear I spent the morning thinking on whether I should leave or not, if I deserved working o hard, if I deserved a good sunny summer, if I should better bare it for the sake of my English which, by the way, it's getting pretty good. I learn new words every single day. So at the end, after a 5 minute hug with a friend (we were trying desperately to warm up, which we did), I learnt that this hard woking would end in three weeks time when the students season is over. After that, we will only hav rugby players oming over and apparently it's better and more alm, although water sports will be over and I we'll spend our time doing kitchen work and site work...
Anyway, today I'm ok.
Kisses to all!!

1 comentario:

Carol dijo...

perra, has abandonado tu blog!!!